2017 Summer Classes – THURSDAYS
1st Day of Class – June 22, 2017
Weekly Classes Thursdays from June 22 – August 10
5:00 – 5:45 PM Tots (Ages 3-6)
5:45 – 6:30 PM Kids (Ages 7 – 12)
6:30 – 7:00 PM TAP (Ages 7+)
7:00 – 7:45 PM Teens / Young Adults (Ages 13+)
*Inclusive dance classes with consultation from an Occupational Therapist providing students with dance buddies, volunteer dancers who adapt the class for the right level of challenge, and provide encouragement, friendship, and mentoring. Dancers will be introduced to a variety of dance styles including Ballet, Jazz and Hip Hop, while making new friends and gaining self-confidence.
*The Dance Ability Movement strives to place each student in an appropriate class (not strictly based on age). Classes will be confirmed one week prior to start date and may be combined or canceled depending on registration numbers! No experience required.
$140 + HST/8 classes = 45 minute class (Tots, Kids, Teens)
$100 + HST/8 classes = 30 minute class (TAP)
$35 Registration Fee (required by new dancers only)
Registration Fee for Administrative costs.
$110 Initial OT Intake (required by new dancers, optional for returning dancers)
Included in Initial OT Intake: 20-30 minute meeting with OT prior to class start date to assess dancer’s needs, prepare for start of classes, and gain information to appropriately train instructor and volunteer to promote safety of participation in the dance class setting, and enhance successful inclusion. Each NEW dancer will receive a 1-2 page summary report completed by the consulting OT outlining the dancer’s participation in class and strategies used to support skill development.
$80 Report Fee (optional for returning dancers)
Returning dancers may also request an Occupational Therapy report, for a fee of $80 as a report is NOT included in the class tuition. This must be purchased prior to the last class; please allow up to one month to receive the report.
Set the Stage Day Camp
Set the Stage ($350 + HST) Ages 3-7
July 17th – July 21st
9:00 – 11:00 AM
Morning program incorporating dance fun with fine motor & pre-printing skills!
Set The Stage Camp Includes:
- Song and Dance (using the Handwriting Without Tears program)
- 3:1 ratio of dancers to Occupational Therapist for group activities, with designated 1:1 time each day to focus on specific goals (Maximum 6 participants)
- Fine Motor/Hand Skill Activities
- Ongoing communication with families each day to provide feedback on strategies and progress
- One page OT summary report with recommendations to support ongoing development
Dancing Through Life Day Camp
Dancing Through Life ($325 + HST) Ages 12+
July 24th – July 28th
12:00 – 4:00 PM
Half Day Camp for dancing & life skills! Pre-teen, Teen, & Young Adult
Dancing Through Life Camp Includes:
- Occupational Therapists facilitating group, along with volunteer support (Maximum 15 participants)
- Dance classes in Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, and Musical Theatre
- Fit for Life educational activities regarding body image, healthy lifestyles & self-advocacy skills
- Personalized goal plans with family and client related to above topics
- One page OT summary report of participation in camp program
Payable through the New Parent Portal (credit card) or via e-mail money transfer, cash, or cheque to The Dance Ability Movement.
Click on this link to visit our NEW PARENT PORTAL to save your spot today!
Contact Us to book a registration appointment or for more information regarding class placements.
June Lawrence School of Dance located at 3190 Ridgeway Dr #31, Mississauga, ON